“Our commitment to the patients and customers we serve is at the heart of everything we do, and especially now, we’re taking every step possible to help ensure people have access to the medications and other essentials they need,” said Alex Gourlay, President, Walgreens. “Many of our communities are hurting right now and we’re doing everything we can to provide care and support for our customers and team members, while also contributing to the healing so sorely needed nationwide.”
To help ensure continuity of patient care and access to prescriptions for customers whose local Walgreens store may be temporarily closed at this time, the company is doing the following:
- Proactive Patient Outreach: Walgreens pharmacy staff is contacting individuals via phone, text and email to discuss their medication needs and help direct them as appropriate to the nearest Walgreens for their prescription needs, care and support.
- Pharmacists Outreach to Patients with Complex Conditions: Walgreens pharmacists are also contacting those who require high touch care, such as senior patients and those with chronic or complex conditions, to provide individualized support and solutions for their medication and health care needs.
- Free Prescription Delivery: Walgreens is continuing to waive delivery fees on eligible prescriptions to ensure patients can get their medications from the safety of their home.
- Pharmacist Chat: Those who have questions about their medications can talk to a Walgreens pharmacist using the Pharmacist Chat feature available 24/7 on Walgreens mobile app or website. Walgreens has recently expanded the platform to include video chat with pharmacists.
- Walgreens store locator and app: Customers can find the latest store status information, which is updated continuously throughout the day, by visiting the store locator on Walgreens.com and Walgreens mobile app.
All COVID-19 testing sites at Walgreens locations remain open with normal operating hours.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
*© 2019, Fortune Media IP Limited. Used under license.
# # #