DEERFIELD, Ill., December 16, 2015 - Looking to bring joy to someone who makes a difference in your daily life? Whether it’s a gift for the crossing guard who ensures your child makes it safely across the street or the mail carrier who is never deterred by rain, sleet or snow, Walgreens is making it easy to find small, thoughtful gifts that spread unexpected joy this holiday season. And to better serve its customers during the holidays, Walgreens stores are open until midnight or later through Dec. 24 to help shoppers cut down on the holiday hassle.
- Beginning Dec. 14 through Christmas Eve, all non-24 hour stores will be open until midnight and 24 hour stores will remain open around the clock. Pharmacy hours will not change.
- On Christmas Day, all non-24 hour stores will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and 24 hour stores will remain open all day. Pharmacy hours will vary by location.
- Customers also can order gifts on Walgreens.com until 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 21 to receive items by Christmas Eve.
“This is the time of year to spread joy to the ones we care about and appreciate. With a broad product assortment, and many available for under $25, we make it easy to find small thoughtful gifts,” said Moe Alkemade, group vice president of competitive convenience for Walgreens. “Whether it’s a hot new beauty product for that perfect stocking stuffer, a delicious box of candy for a party host, or a last-minute gift card, our dedicated team members are standing by to help you find the perfect gift that will bring joy to others this holiday.”
Customers looking to find a gift to spread joy can visit walgreens.com/holiday. Some of the season’s most popular items include:
Gifts for Her
- Boots No7 Ultimate Collection Gift Set
- Bombay Ceramic Sugar and Cream Set
- Sharper Image Sound Soother
- Amope Pedi Perfect Electronic Foot File
Gifts for Him
- Conair Custom Hair Cut Kit
- Nautica Blue Men’s Fragrance Gift Set
- HDMX Craze Bluetooth Ear Buds
- British Sterling H.I.M. Reserve Ultimate Collection
- Sharper Image Camera Drone
- Infinitive Noise Isolating Earbuds
Gifts for Kids
- Thunder Tumbler Radio Control Car
- Marvel Legends Daredevil Action Figure
- Hot Wheels City Loop and Launch
- Barbie Career Nurse
- Altitude by Propel Micro Drone
Gifts to Say Thanks:
- Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Sleigh
- Walgreens exclusive Stars Wars Ornament by Hallmark
- Hershey’s Kisses Deluxe Gift Box Set
- A wide assortment of gift cards including Starbucks, Bass Pro Shop, iTunes and more.
Photo Gifts and Cards
- Photo cards are a personal and convenient way to send warm wishes to friends and family. Cards can be created online, in-store or from the free Walgreens mobile app and are ready to be picked up in as little as one hour.
- Posters, canvas prints and collage prints are unique ways to share memories. It’s easy for customers to create these photo gifts directly through the free Walgreens mobile app, online or from the in-store kiosk. Several photo items are available for same day-pick up.
To find the nearest store, visit Walgreens.com or call 1-800-WALGREENS. For more holiday gift ideas and special offers, please visit www.walgreens.com/holiday or for press materials http://bit.ly/1k0St1D.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com), the nation's largest drugstore chain, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 8 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,173 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens digital business includes Walgreens.com, drugstore.com, Beauty.com, SkinStore.com and VisionDirect.com. Walgreens also manages more than 400 Healthcare Clinic and provider practice locations around the country.