DEERFIELD, Ill., December 03, 2020 - Today, Walgreens announced the launch of the Walgreens Advertising Group, a modern, full-service, personalization-driven advertising offering rooted in insights and rich first-party data. Walgreens Advertising Group (wag) aims to help brands maximize ROI through data-led execution and optimization on Walgreens owned platforms and through other external brand-safe channels.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201203005318/en/
By combining the scale of more than 9,000 stores and 100+ million loyalty members with advanced data modeling, wag delivers unique and custom-built audiences tailored to brand goals and objectives. Using technology and Walgreens deep-rooted customer relationships, audiences can be directly connected to advertising platforms enabling wag to deliver shopper reach across the digital ecosystem that surpasses the industry method of digital media buying.
“At Walgreens, we have an unparalleled insight into consumers’ needs and shopping preferences when it comes to health and wellness items and everyday needs,” said Luke Kigel, vice president, Walgreens integrated media and head of Walgreens Advertising Group. “Leveraging advanced technology to unlock the power of our first-party data, we can help brands accelerate ROI by delivering relevant and personalized experiences to their highest value consumers.”
Walgreens Advertising Group offers brands:
- People-based first-party data set grounded in 100+ million loyalty members
- Advanced analytics and data science for custom audiences
- Technology-led personalization across the entire customer experience
- Direct connections of audiences to advertising platforms on Walgreens owned and third-party channels resulting in higher match rates versus the industry standard method of digital media buying
- Ability to reach shoppers across a spectrum of channels such as digital display, video, social, streaming audio, email as well as Walgreens digital platforms and stores
- Access to Walgreens Programmatic Demand Side Platform (DSP) with SKU level real-time optimization based on daily transactions
- Closed loop measurement of customers’ end-to-end shopping journeys
wag is more than a media network. In addition to shopper activation points, wag offers brands enhanced audience and shopper insights, creative services, and robust optimization and measurement. Combining these services with a broad network of owned and external channels, shoppers are delivered more tailored experiences that deepen their relationship with brands.
Walgreens recently announced myWalgreens, a reinvention of the nation’s largest health and well-being centered loyalty program to offer even more benefits and an enhanced customer experience, including Pickup in as little as 30 minutes.* The company has also collaborated with best in-class technology and customer-insights partners, Microsoft, Adobe and Epsilon to deliver highly personalized customer experiences. These initiatives reinforce Walgreens Boots Alliance’s commitment to digital transformation and connecting with consumers in a deeper and more personal way.
To learn more about Walgreens Advertising Group and partnership options, please visit walgreens.com/wag.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
* For Walgreens store locations that are not open 24 hours, orders must be placed at least one hour prior to store closing in order to be eligible. Otherwise, order will be ready the following business day. Customer will be notified via email when order is ready for pickup and will be provided instructions for a drive-up experience that complies with social distancing guidelines. Orders are not guaranteed to be ready within the 30-minute time window and may be subject to change or substitution depending on product availability at the time order is placed. Orders with age-restricted items may only be picked up in store. Prescription orders not eligible but may be ordered through Walgreens Express®. To find the location and hours of a Walgreens store near you, visit Walgreens.com/FindAStore.