“Vaccine fatigue is real, and it’s something we have to gauge against across all immunizations,” says Dr. Anita Patel, vice president of pharmacy services development at Walgreens. “We need to stay vigilant in protecting ourselves and our communities by staying up to date on all recommended vaccines.”
Even if you are feeling exhausted by vaccine information, Patel stresses the importance of getting a flu shot.
“In a typical year, millions of people may get infected with flu, hundreds of thousands are hospitalized and tens of thousands may lose their lives,” Patel says. “It’s important to make a plan now to be vaccinated before the virus begins widely circulating.”
Fortunately, flu shots are now available at Walgreens and it’s never been easier to get one. So see you later, vaccine fatigue—here are five ways Walgreens makes getting your flu shot a breeze:
- Reward yourself! Walgreens is offering a $10 Walgreens Cash reward during the month of September to individuals who receive any vaccination at a Walgreens location. Spend those reward dollars on a little treat for yourself post-appointment.
- Schedule your vaccine in a snap: It’s never been easier to make your flu shot appointment at Walgreens. Here are three ways to do it: Vist Walgreens.com/ScheduleVaccine, download the Walgreens app or call 1-800-Walgreens—available in both Spanish and English.
- Get multiple vaccines at one appointment: According to the CDC, it’s safe to receive your flu shot at the same time as other eligible vaccines, like COVID-19. So you can get the latest COVID booster with your flu shot, all in one appointment.
- Make it a family affair: Pharmacy team members may administer vaccines to eligible children ages 3 and up to help protect the entire family against vaccine-preventable illnesses like flu. So that means you can make a flu shot appointment for each member of your family at the same time, all in one place.
- Feel good doing good: When you get your flu shot you’ll be helping someone in need, thanks to Walgreens’ Get a Shot. Give a Shot. program. For every flu shot or other routine immunization administered between now and Dec. 31, Walgreens will make a donation to the United Nations Foundation’s Shot@Life campaign, up to $2.6 million.