Your goal was admirable: Nail the holidays. String up the outdoor lights in perfect symmetry. Wrap the presents with artistic precision. Bake a few dozen cookies that look good and taste good.
But then the lights went dark on the left side of the house. The tape ran out with two gifts to go. The gingerbread man lost a limb (oh, snap). And your kid caught a cold on Christmas Eve.
If your holiday season is sprinkled with moments like these – ones that are less “It’s a Wonderful Life” and more “The Nightmare Before Christmas” – Walgreens has right-now solutions for your last-minute needs.
- Safe package delivery and easy returns: Nearly all Walgreens stores offer FedEx OnSite package pick-up and drop-off services – which means porch pirates don’t stand a chance. These locations give customers a safe and secure delivery option and an easy way to ship returns and other packages through FedEx. And just in time for the holidays, customers returning items from select retailers can now also print their return shipping labels at select Walgreens stores. Additionally, as part of the Narvar Concierge network, customers who buy items online from participating U.S. retailers – including Anthropologie, Levi’s, Urban Outfitters and more – can have those packages delivered for safe pickup, or drop them off for easy returns, at the Walgreens stores that offer FedEx OnSite.
- Same-day photo gifts: If it feels like you’re one of the last to send out the family holiday cards (not again!), know that Walgreens offers beautifully designed options that you can create and print same-day. To make it even more convenient, you can also mail the finished holiday cards using the FedEx OnSite shipping services at nearly all Walgreens stores. To see all our same-day photo gift options, including calendars, ornaments, wall décor and more, visit the Photo Holiday Shop on Walgreens.com.
- Free shipping: There are two different ways to get free standard shipping – which arrives in 1 to 2 business days – on orders placed through Walgreens.com or the Walgreens mobile app:
- Reach an order subtotal of $35 or more (excluding sales tax and/or applicable shipping charges). We’ll also be offering free shipping with no minimum from Dec. 28 to 30.
- Select “Ship to Store” at checkout – there's no minimum purchase required. Customers choose their Walgreens location and watch for an email when their order is ready to be picked up.
- Delivery on demand: Through a collaboration announced in October, Postmates can deliver hundreds of Walgreens most popular items from 174 Walgreens and Duane Reade location in Manhattan and Brooklyn, N.Y. Additionally, through a strategic partnership with Wing announced in September, customers in Christiansburg, Va., can get many of Walgreens most popular health and wellness, food and beverage, and convenience items delivered to their door in minutes via state-of-the-art drone technology. Leading up to the holidays, select toys and stocking stuffers will also be available for drone delivery.
Shopping has never felt more rewarding. Throughout the holiday season, Walgreens is offering promotions, discounts, coupons and more in store, on Walgreens.com and through our mobile app:
Savings all season long
- Black Friday: From Nov. 24 to 30, customers who use the coupon in the Nov. 24 weekly ad and spend $25 or more in store will receive a coupon for 25 percent off a future purchase in store or online, valid through Dec. 7. On Walgreens.com, customers can use the code TAKE25 to get 25 percent off regular-priced items from Nov 24 to 30.
- Cyber Week: From Dec. 1 to 7, customers can use the code CYBER30 to get 30 percent off regular-priced items on Walgreens.com. Plus, there will be free shipping with no minimum on Cyber Monday, Dec. 2.
- Balance® Rewards bonus points: From Dec. 8 to 14, customers can earn bonus Balance Rewards points. Look for a special printed coupon on the front page of the Dec. 8 weekly ad, or clip it digitally via Walgreens.com or the Walgreens mobile app. The more you spend, the more you earn:
- $5 on a $25+ purchase (5,000 points)
- $10 on a $40+ purchase (10,000 points)
- $30 on a $100+ purchase (30,000 points)
- Customers can earn a maximum of 90,000 points from this promotion.
- Digital coupons only for you: From Dec. 15 to 21, customers can save up to 30 percent on their next eligible purchase when they “clip” the coupon via Walgreens.com or the Walgreens mobile app, or text JOLLY to 41456. When customers meet certain spend thresholds, they’ll then receive a 10, 20 or 30 percent off digital coupon.
- Gift of the Week: Every week through Dec. 28, Walgreens features several items at 50 percent off – one each from beauty, food, general merchandise and photo. This week’s featured gifts include a No7 illuminated makeup mirror, $20 (normally $40); Reese’s travel mug with candy, $4.99 (normally $9.99); and Totes memory foam slippers, $6.49 (normally $12.99). This week’s photo deals include cards and stationery at 60 percent off and photo books at 75 percent off. On Black Friday only, photo magnets are 75 percent off.
- Cash back: Walgreens is the only retail pharmacy where customers receive 3 percent “Daily Cash” back when they use Apple Card with Apple Pay on eligible purchases at Walgreens and Duane Reade stores, on the Walgreens mobile app or at Walgreens.com.
Walgreens is always open, and we’re likely nearby. On Thanksgiving, Nov. 28, all Walgreens stores will be open regular hours, and 24-hour locations will remain open 24 hours. Select Walgreens pharmacies will be open with modified hours.
Holiday help is around the corner
On Christmas Eve, many Walgreens stores will be open until midnight, with regular hours on Christmas Day. All 24-hour locations will remain open 24 hours. Pharmacy hours will vary by location.
Customers can check with their local Walgreens pharmacy or Walgreens.com for specific location hours.