DEERFIELD, Ill., Nov. 21, 2011 - Walgreens (NYSE: WAG)(NASDAQ: WAG) will be open on Thanksgiving Day to help customers with last-minute needs for get-togethers and for those looking to get a jump on holiday shopping and savings. Most Walgreens stores once again this year will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in addition to more than 1,600 locations open around the clock. Pharmacies will also be open at all 24-hour locations for any prescription needs. To find a store location near you, log on to Walgreens.com or call 1-800-WALGREENS.
Thanksgiving Day deals:
While most retailers are closed on Thanksgiving, Walgreens customers can shop early and smart for hard to beat values on a variety of gift items and festive home décor. One day only deals include:
- Buy one toy at $9.99, get one free
- Buy one As Seen On TV item including Snuggie, Pasta Boat and Pet Zoom Brush, get one free
- Buy one 4-foot potted Christmas tree with lighted base for $29.99, get one free
- Jumbo Santa’s Express Toy Train Set for $19.99, a more than 30 percent savings
- 96-piece eye shadow kit by Profusion on sale for $2.99, regular price $9.99
- 92-piece flip-up makeup kit by Markwins on sale for $7.99, regular price $19.99
Holiday shoppers can avoid the lines, busy parking lots and Black Friday rush with a simplified shopping experience at their neighborhood Walgreens. Deals running Nov. 24 through Nov. 26 include:
- Buy one plush toy at $7.99, get one free
- Take 40 percent off all $19.99 toys
- Inflatable and lighted outdoor holiday decor for $19.99
- Buy one, get half off on LED light sets
- Buy one, get two free Walgreens alkaline batteries
- Free $10 Walgreens gift card with purchase of $30 Apple iTunes Multipack
- Buy one Foster Grant reader glasses or accessories, get two free
- Save $40 on a Walgreens Premium Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Free Redbox rental:
Walgreens has teamed up with Redbox to give away 1 million free movie rentals across the country. On Thanksgiving Day, the first 130 customers to make a purchase at each Walgreens location will get a free one-day Redbox DVD rental valid thru Dec. 24.
Walgreens mobile coupons:
For mobile phone users, Walgreens is adding scannable coupons to its mobile applications, offering exclusive discounts to its smartphone customers beginning Black Friday. Coupons will range in value from 50 cents to $5 and will be good toward a variety of products including beauty items, gifts, consumables and everyday essentials, such as diapers. Scannable coupons provide optimal convenience with no clipping or printing required. Cashiers simply scan a coupon straight from a user’s smartphone.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is the nation's largest drugstore chain with fiscal 2011 sales of $72 billion. The company operates 7,786 drugstores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Each day, Walgreens provides nearly 6 million customers the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice in communities across America. Walgreens scope of pharmacy services includes retail, specialty, infusion, medical facility and mail service, along with respiratory services. These services improve health outcomes and lower costs for payers including employers, managed care organizations, health systems, pharmacy benefit managers and the public sector. Take Care Health Systems is a Walgreens subsidiary that is the largest and most comprehensive manager of worksite health and wellness centers and in-store convenient care clinics, with more than 700 locations throughout the country.
Walgreen Co. Corporate Communications